Health Benefits to Essential Oils With unique chemical structures. When you inhale a deep breath of an essential oil from the bottle, the oil’s scent is processed in the olfactory system of the brain through the olfactory nerve. The olfactory system is the part of the brain that is in charge of controlling your sense of smell. The olfactory system connects to the limbic system, where your emotions and memories live.
As you inhale the scent of an essential oil, the limbic system creates a response in your brain based on your memories associated with that particular aroma. Many times, the responses triggered by your limbic system can be emotional responses that are calming or uplifting, depending on the unique chemical structure of the oil. More importantly, because responses in the limbic system are based on memory, each person experiences each essential oil a little bit differently.
One way to experience the benefits of essential oils is aromatically, or by breathing them in. using essential oils aromatically can offer many benefits; However, it can be particularly helpful for improving or managing mood. Depending on the chemical structure of an essential oil, it may provide invigorating or uplifting effects, or It might produce calming or soothing feelings.
You can also reap the aromatic benefits of an essential oil without a special diffusing device. Simply inhaling an essential oil straight from the bottle, or placing a drop in your hands, rubbing the palms together, and inhaling the scent will allow you to yield the benefits of essential oils through the air.
As with anything we consume, it is always important to ensure that essential oils are used in appropriate doses in order to avoid toxicity. Toxicity refers to the point at which a substance becomes harmful or damaging to the body. Remember, seemingly harmless substances like water, vitamins, and minerals (substances that are vital to life) can all be toxic when consumed at an inappropriate dose. While essential oils have the potential for toxicity, the toxic dose of an essential oil is always far above the recommended appropriate use.
When you use high quality essential oils in the appropriate amount, they can absolutely be safe enough to use at home on yourself and your family. High quality essential oils will have gone through extensive testing to ensure they are safe, are pure, and have the correct amount of concentration. Like anything else that you would use in your home or on your children, essential oils are safe when you adhere to recommended dosage amounts and use them within proper parameters.
- Research shows there is a 40% improvement in mood after being exposed to pleasant scents
- The sense of smell is the first of our senses to develop
- Women have a better sense of smell then Men
- Studies have shown convincing evidence that simply inhaling the aroma of an essential oil is effective for calming nervous or anxious feelings in a variety of settings.
Why the hype about essential oils?
Aromatherapy is a practice used to promote better psychological health and physical well-being. The practice involves the use of essential oils, the purest essence of a plant, to bring about positive health effects.
Who can Benefit from our Fresh Scented Masks:
- Health care Professionals
- Cancer patients that have to wear a mask and would benefit from a more holistic scent
- Immunocompromised patients
- Assisted living facilities
- EMTS Workers
- Surgical Suites
- Primary Care office/Medical office
- Maintain a healthy mind body and soul using a natural volatile essential oil aroma
- Essential oil infused masks can be used for a wide range of emotional and physical wellness
- Allow prolonged stays bedside with patients for plan of care, diagnostic results, specialty consultations, multiple healing techniques (music therapy, animal therapy, etc.)
- Optimize patient care with the ability to stay bedside longer
- Use a natural plant based essential oil infused mask approach to promote healthy living, emotional health and breathing
- Decrease the amount of medications the patients consume